Categories of Membership
Regular Member - To become a Regular Member of the Society, the applicant must either (a) possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited academic institution, or (b) have the equivalent of an academic degree in scientific experience or in professional experience in the field of audition. Regular Membership dues are $85/year.
Life Member - A Member in good standing who has attained the age of 65 years, and who has been a Member of the Society for not less than 10 years, may become a Life Member by submitting a written request to the Executive Director. Life Membership dues are $55/year.
Student Member - Students/residents who are enrolled full-time in a non-distance learning university program may become Student/Resident Members. Student/Resident membership terminates at the end of the calendar year upon graduation from the university program, at which time the Student/Resident becomes eligible for Member status. Student Membership dues are $35/year.
AAS membership offers the following benefits in these key areas:
Free access to online publications and Information
- Ear and Hearing - membership includes a complimentary online subscription. Only AAS members are able to choose to keep receiving a print copy for an additional fee of $82.50/year.
- Member Newsletter
Multidisciplinary clinical, scientific, and technical annual meeting
- Reduced registration fees for members
- Multidisciplinary scientific program
- Advance copy of program and abstracts
- Exchange with leading researchers and clinicians